Today we begin a special Novena to St. Joseph which will consist of a short reflection, prayer and action for each day from now until the Feast of St. Joseph on July 1st. Visit this website each morning for the next nine days for a link to the day’s Novena prayers. On July 1st we will Entrust ourselves to St. Joseph with a special set of prayers. You can celebrate this Entrustment in your own homes using the prayers that will be on our website that day, or you can join us for morning Mass at 9am on July 1st. For today, click on the button below to begin your Novena to St. Joseph.
Here is this week’s guided reflection on Pope Francis’ apostolic letter Patris Corde, With a Father’s Heart. You can use this series on your own for person reflection, or you can use it with your family or friends. It works very well for short zoom gatherings online!
Joseph, An Accepting Father
although the conception of Jesus was a mystery to you,
your acceptance of Mary upheld her dignity
and ensured her protection as she bore her son, Jesus.
By your acceptance of God’s will, you showed us that we, too,
must work so that all women and children experience justice.
Intercede for us, St. Joseph, that we may act justly for the common good.
In Jesus’ name, we pray.
In this video clip, Mr. Corey Jolly, Lay Evangelist, Diocese of Montreal, reflects on St. Joseph as an accepting father. He considers questions such as:
– What does St. Joseph’s choice to accept and protect Mary tell us about his character?
– How does the spiritual path that St. Joseph traces help us to accept imperfect situations courageously?
– How does St. Joseph trust that all things work together for good?
For further reflection
Take some time to consider these questions. If you are reflecting on your own you may wish to journal. If you are using this reflection with a group, perhaps give time for personal reflection as well as optional sharing.
– Many of us know that God has a plan for us, but are we willing, like St. Joseph, to accept whatever God has in store for us? How is this true in your own life?
– What can St. Joseph teach us this year about ensuring justice for women and children?
– How is St. Joseph a model of holy acceptance for you? What does holy acceptance mean in your life?
Hail, Guardian of the Redeemer,
Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
To you God entrusted his only Son;
in you Mary placed her trust;
with you Christ became man.
Blessed Joseph, to us too,Prayer: © Libreria Editrice Vaticana
show yourself a father
and guide us in the path of life.
Obtain for us grace, mercy and courage,
and defend us from every evil. Amen.
Watch this website next Tuesday for
Joseph, A Creatively Courageous Father