Here is this week’s guided reflection on Pope Francis’ apostolic letter Patris Corde, With a Father’s Heart. You can use this series on your own for person reflection, or you can use it with your family or friends. It works very well for short zoom gatherings online!
Joseph, A Tender & Loving Father
St. Joseph, with a father’s heart, you taught Jesus about mercy and tenderness.
When faced with doubt, you trusted in the Father’s love for you.
Help us to confront our fears with tenderness
so that we may respond to life’s challenges in mature and loving ways.
Give us the wisdom to show tender mercy to others’ frailty and weakness.
In Jesus’ name, we pray!
In this video clip, Most Rev. Joseph Dabrowski, CSMA, Auxiliary Bishop of London, reflects on. St. Joseph as a tender and loving father. He considers questions such as:
– How does St. Joseph show the tender love of God?
– What are the ways in which we encounter God’s mercy and tenderness?
– How does St. Joseph model for us how we are to be merciful and tender to those in our care?
For further reflection
Take some time to consider these questions. If you are reflecting on your own you may wish to journal. If you are using this reflection with a group, perhaps give time for personal reflection as well as optional sharing.
– How does St. Joseph help us to know the tender and merciful love of God?
– Are you able to touch your frailty with tenderness?
– How does seeing others through the eyes of Christ help you to be a more tender and merciful person?
Hail, Guardian of the Redeemer,
Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
To you God entrusted his only Son;
in you Mary placed her trust;
with you Christ became man.
Blessed Joseph, to us too,Prayer: © Libreria Editrice Vaticana
show yourself a father
and guide us in the path of life.
Obtain for us grace, mercy and courage,
and defend us from every evil. Amen.
Watch this website next Tuesday for
Joseph, An Obedient Father