For two years now we have had an unusual Mother’s Day; many of us were not able to even see our mothers from a distance, phone calls or emails or video chats were all we had. For others our mothers, or the people who have mothered us over the years, have passed into eternal life, and so this special day may be bittersweet. We invite you today to spend a little time reminiscing about Mother’s Days past, say a prayer for our mothers, and recognize that we always have a mother to support us in Mary. Click the button below to read an article by Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle from Franciscan Media titled Mary, Mother to us All.
“THE FIRST LADY AND HER SUCCESSORS” is a feature-length documentary, written, produced and directed by Dr. Josephine Lombardi. The movie showcases nine dynamic women following in the footsteps of Mary of Nazareth. It will premiere on May 13th, at 7 p.m. on her website. Preview the trailer here.
Mater Fatima for the World – Mass & Worldwide Rosary
Tomorrow, Wednesday May 13, Feast of Our Lady of Fatima, Colombia will host the worldwide rosary, which will be held at the National Marian Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary of Chiquinquira, the Patron Saint of Colombia. The Rosary will be offered for the following intentions:
- For an end to the pandemic, for Covid-19 patients, for the deceased and their families.
- For the intercession of Saint Joseph, husband of Mary and Patron of the Universal Church, that he may continue to guard and guide the Church and all priests.
- For the family and for life.
- For our own conversion and that of all poor sinners, and in reparation for the offenses committed against the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
- For peace and freedom for all countries.
Holy Mass, Exposition, Rosary, Consecration to Sacred Heart of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, and Procession will be available livestreamed, starting at 12 noon (our time). Livestream links: Youtube | Facebook Live Some of the prayers will be offered in English although perhaps not all. You may choose to simply offer your own rosary for these intentions tomorrow in union with the Worldwide Rosary.
We also invite you to pray the Rosary (Sorrowful Mysteries) with Bishop Barron’s video below.